Monday 14 January 2013

Why is this blog called a Stressful Adventure with food?

Back in March I was having trouble feeling right and believed I was anaemic.......what that led to was a complete Shock and a completely new way of thinking about eating.

I was right I was anaemic but this answer actually led to more questions, I was deficient in Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid......and the pernicious anaemia (when you can't absorb B12) test came back as Normal.

What was going on?   I was eating all the right things, and taking in enough of both of these substances, so the big question was WHY wasn't I hanging on to it?

At the suggestion of my GP I had a blood test to screen for Coeliac Disease.  To my mind this was completely obviously going to come back negative, as I never had any problems with eating anything at all.

June 2012:  The results to your blood test have come back positive for Coeliac Disease, I was told over the phone at 5pm on a Friday evening.  To say I was confused was an understatement, and extremely shocked, as I hadn't expected that at all.

Aug 2012: Confirmation biopsy.

Sept 2012: Results of the above, biopsy confirms the blood test.  I was still reeling from June, so this confirmation was upsetting and confusing, and the support out there for this condition is very minimal

No comments:

Post a Comment