Monday 14 January 2013

Flavours..........

You will notice that there are ingredients in my cupboard that I would be lost without:

Tins of tomatoes (in season I add fresh ones too.)
Onions (if a whole onion is too much Spring onions are a good substitute)
Garlic
Worcester Sauce/Hendersons Relish.


This is the base of a lot of my savoury dishes.

For Casseroles I don't use the ready made sauces as most of them contain wheat starch.

1 tsp Mustard (wholegrain)
1 tsp Redcurrant Jelly
1 x Knorr vegetable stock Cube

This combination gives most casseroles an interesting flavour.  If using beef I will also use
1x glass of Red wine
a couple of teaspoons of horseradish sauce

If you use the tsp of mustard and redcurrant jelly in the water of boiling rice with a splash of Hendersons Relish and wait until the rice has absorbed all the water the flavour is amazing, and a bit sweet and sour.

No comments:

Post a Comment