Monday 14 January 2013

More recipes..........

Having found my Karma in the Kitchen  the Scout in me kicked in.   I had tried the commercially available gluten free Jaffa Cakes, and without a word of a lie, they were absolutely disgusting, nothing like the tangy Mc Vities variety, I had to do something about that!!

6oz Juvela white mix
6oz Margarine
6oz Sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp bicarb and 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Put in bowl and whisk.
This will make your sponge base (I just greased the patty pan holes, and put in one teaspoon of mix into the patty pan)
1 450g Jar of Seville Marmalade
2 x 100g Plain Chocolate.

Makes 36

160 degrees/gas 4 for around 5 mins, they do not take long to cook!!!!

Place 1 tsp marmalade on each sponge and cover with the melted chocolate I need to perfect this bit I found if I used a teaspoon for the chocolate and a butter knife you can encase the marmalade. Obviously if you're making for children, you can always use a milder marmalade and milk chocolate.
Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a small pan of simmering water.   If you can, put them in the fridge when you've covered with the chocolate.......I didn't have room.   They are brill and cheaper than the commercial ones!!

Anything is possible with a bit of imagination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment