Friday 12 April 2013

Did a little baking

I did some baking yesterday as I was feeling very devoid of Cake!!

I made the Victoria Sponge and very nearly forgot to put in the raising agent (Juvela isn't SR) so that could have been a bit of a disaster.  Fortunately I remembered before finished whisking it up.

I also made some Fruit Scones,  just make sure you use a  slightly smaller cutter than I did, you should get 10-12 Scones out of this mix, I only managed 6, but they are enormous!!

Heres the Recipe:

12oz GF Flour
3oz Marg
1 tbsp Sugar or to taste
1 tsp GF Baking Powder
4oz dried mixed fruit
1 egg
and milk to make the mix into a soft dough.

Put the flour and marg into a bowl, rub in the marg until the mix resembles breadcrumbs, add the sugar, baking powder and fruit, and mix well.  Beat the egg, and add to the mix to bind the ingredients together, add milk if the egg isn't enough, knead around the bowl until the bowl is clean.  Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to about 1 1/2 inches.....if you do it less you'll end up with Pancakes!!  Cut out rounds and place on a baking tray.

Put in a preheated oven Gas 7-8  220C and cook for 10 - 12 mins
Cut in half butter each half and enjoy with a nice cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment