Sunday 31 March 2013

Onion Bhaji's (mentioned in Wonderful moment)

This is the recipe for these, but I have yet to try it myself, as there is no method, so that is just guess work!!

100g GF Gram Flour (Chickpea Flour)
25g Chopped Fresh Coriander
1/4 tsp Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp GF Baking powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 large Onion halved and sliced (not sure if chopped might work too!)


Blend all ingredients except the onion and the coriander.  Add enough water to make a sticky dough.  Mix in the onion and coriander. Deep fry spoonfuls of the batter until crisp and golden.  Drain on kitchen paper.

I found a very rounded teaspoon of the mixture made Bhajis like the bitesize picnic ones you can buy (15 of them)  I used my Wok to great effect, you don't need much oil for these either.  Enjoy.

Obviously if you have a Deep Fat Fryer, you can use that (I don't possess one)

The one I had was gorgeous, and if Brownies can make them (7 - 10yr olds) I'm fairly sure we can make a good fist of them !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment