Thursday 7 March 2013

Wonderful moment!

I have just had the most wonderful thing happen to me.

I have just dropped off my youngest daughter to her Ranger meeting (Senior Section Guides), in the hall downstairs the Brownies had just finished making a batch of Onion Bhaji's, now I can tell you that they smelt absolutely wonderful (and I just love Onion Bhaji's too).   I got to the bottom of the stairs and the Brownie Leader was offering the Bhaji's around as they had some left over.   I very politely told her that I couldn't eat them because they contained flour.  The reply was music to my ears 'oh they've been made with Gram Flour' when I asked her what else was in them, everything she listed was Gluten Free............absolute heaven.

I had been offered something completely out of the blue that was SAFE for me to eat, so I partook of the said Bhaji, it was gorgeous and hot as they had just finished cooking them.  I was then handed the recipe for said snack.

You know what, I can't think of anywhere else where that would have happened apart from a Scouting type meeting.....it was just absolutely wonderful to feel 'normal.'  

We are not all about tying knots and doing first aid, we're about inclusion.....and if the above event doesn't prove that I don't know what does.  Giving me the recipe was the last thing I expected so now, I can make my own.

Absolutely made my evening, and I thank them wholeheartedly for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment