Friday 22 March 2013

Apprehensive

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive, tomorrow I am going to a Scout training session and they are providing the food, apart from my rolls (they are prescription and much better than some of the Supermarket varieties!!)  It will be interesting to see what I am offered.

I have been in several conversations with the person dealing with the food so hopefully it should be really good......I've taken it on trust, to see what happens.  I'm a bit nervous, but I think that is only natural should be interesting.

On Monday, I have a works meeting and after the last shambles, I was told it might be easier for me to bring my own food.  Lets just say that the company they used to provide the food, has no idea, and despite my boss talking to them and myself spending nearly two hours of my time to sort out what would be good, I was presented with a platter which clearly showed I had been completely ignored even to the point where they thought that I couldn't eat fruit!!!   I have been out shopping so I shall see if this platter of my own making will outshine the outside caterers...at least I will be able to eat the grapes and strawberries as they won't be covered in cake crumbs (well maybe mine, but they are all gluten free anyway, so not a problem!!)  I'm a bit nervous about that too, as I have no idea what reaction I will get from my colleagues.  This was not works fault, the outside caterer was about as much use as a chocolate teapot, and they have lost a customer because of their attitude.

Last time I was stared at, and felt really pushed out from the team, I think my boss is beginning to understand  how isolating Coeliac Disease can be, and how conspicuous it makes you feel, as you are unable to join in with everyone else. It's not a nice feeling and I don't think I shall ever get used to it, you feel like a complete 'freak' and people are amazed that you can eat normal food, it just doesn't contain gluten.

No comments:

Post a Comment