Tuesday 9 July 2013

Even more good news....well to me anyway!!

Rang the Docs again today to ask the question about my B12 jabs.  I have one booked for August, but I have been told that because my levels were normal last week and last time I had a lot of jabs the levels went very high that I can now have my B12 jabs once every 6 months instead of once every 3 months, so I've gone from 4 jabs a year to 2 wooohooooo!!!  That's what I call an improvement.

This is looking good for my TTG Levels...but I shall just have to wait to find out.

All these positives are really good, now it's just a case of seeing if I can cope with a large BBQ on Saturday evening amongst lots of people.  It's interesting how many people are asking questions because I've been up front about how difficult life can be sometmes, I had a long conversation with someone yesterday about how Coeliac disease to me, anyway, was a complete shock and that because I showed no symptoms the control of my diet has a lot to do with will power, which is quite difficult to explain:

I can walk past a Bakery and know that I could eat anything in the window, and know that, outwardly, any way, it wouldn't make me ill.  My head however is telling me that if I do that I will damage my insides and ultimately will make myself ill as I will be unable to absorb the vitamins and minerals from any food I eat and the anaemia will eventually come back.  So my heart (I could murder a belgian bun right now) and my head are constantly arguing with each other, and I have to make sure that I am listening to my head and not my heart...........see what I mean, clear as mud that was, wasn't it!!

Anyway the good news is my levels appear to be stabilising, which is suggestive that a) I am sticking to the GF diet b) my gut is starting to heal and c) that maybe coeliac disease might be tough but it can be done......just don't get too cranky with me when I have an off day as I am craving everything I shouldn't be eating.........French Bread is the one I am missing most, along with Jam Doughnuts!!

Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment