Wednesday 22 May 2013

How Awesome are Coeliac UK

How awesome are Coeliac UK, I'll tell you.  After my emergency admission to the local hospital last week and the ensuing problems with trying to access gluten free food, I came home and just copied in CUK in my communictions with the hospitals PALS department.

It appears that in my case there was a communication breakdown and I wasn't told something as basic as they had a separate Gluten Free menu (now I know!!) and that some of their procedures weren't followed for whatever reason.

The next thing to appear in my inbox is a request from CUK that the hospital do some digging into what actually went wrong.....this was a copied message.  I tell you what, I felt so supported after the disappointment of the problems whilst I was in the hospital.  They've kicked butt just for me, it made it feel worhtwhile being a member of the charity and is well worth the £20 a year they charge us for that kind of support.

I am impressed and really pleased, as I have had back up support.  Wonderful.  and Thank You to those of you that do this for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment